Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Me on Digital Culture and Blogs

I suppose that I first came in contact with digital culture when I was around sixteen, the year when I started high school. I was in the Media program in high school so a lot of my time were spent in front of a computer.

The first virtual community I joined was "Lunarstorm". After that I joined in several other communities as well as MSN which I have strongly held on to till this day.

As the technology develops, I guess my interest in the digital culture has change along with it and along with the changes of my life. I have during the years gone through different sorts of digital cultures depending on how my life looks like.

Today I mostly use "Resedagboken", a community for travelers, along with my MSN for my spare time. For work and school I have a broad selection of e-mails and intra nets to keep me updated on whats going on around me.

Of course, as a single girl that I am, I have like many others tried some dating sites. These sites works like any other community that you can find online, except here everyone is middle aged and a bit creepy.

I have along with this program also started having my own blogs a bit here and there ( you see, I can never remember my user name so I keep creating new ones). For the moment I believe I am a member of Blogger (as you can see), Twitter, MySpace, del.icio.us, Hello, Flicker and so on.

When it comes to games I am fairly new in this area. I have created my on little figure in Second Life, and I must admit that I had more fun redesigning her than I have had playing the game so far. But that is just me I guess.

Except for digital cultures like the ones I have talked about where I am more involved, I also come across some other cultures that I'm not so involved in.
These are for example the online version of news papers that I read, information sites like Wikipedia that I use for school and work to find facts that I need.

I have also come across a vary of different blogs, especially the ones that are being announced on news sites. These blogs are about love, sex, politics, travels and much more.
On MySpace and Blogger it is more likely to find more personal blogs about peoples life and their inner secrets.

I would suppose that this includes my relation to Digital Culture. Not the most advanced one, but life is not over yet...more will come.

-Cecilia Johansson

No comments: